Augmented Reality & Its Commercial Uses
What Is Augmented Reality?
Augmented-reality (AR) is a technology that enhances the real world with digital information and interactive experiences. It involves the use of computer-generated imagery (CGI), 3D model objects, animation, or other digital media, such as audio and video, to augment the real world with virtual elements.
AR can be experienced through a variety of devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and AR glasses. It can be used in a range of applications, including gaming, education, advertising, and entertainment.
In AR, digital content is overlaid onto the real world in a way that blends seamlessly with the environment. This allows users to interact with digital elements in a way that feels natural and immersive.
For example, a user might use an AR app on their smartphone to view a virtual model of a piece of furniture in their living room, or to see a virtual map overlay on the streets as they walk around a city.
Web Augmented Reality (AR)
Web augmented reality (AR) is a type of AR technology that is accessed through a web browser rather than a standalone app. It allows users to experience AR through a web page, without the need to download and install an app.
Web AR uses WebGL, a browser-based graphics library, to render 3D graphics and other digital media in the web browser. This allows users to experience AR in a way that is seamless and integrated with the web.
Web AR has the potential to reach a wider audience than app-based AR, as it can be accessed by anyone with a web browser and an internet connection. It is also easier to distribute and update, as it does not require users to download and install apps.
Web AR is being used in a variety of industries and applications, including e-commerce, education, advertising, gaming, tourism, and healthcare. It has the potential to enhance and enrich the online experience in a number of ways, and is increasingly being used in innovative and creative ways.
Use Cases of Web Augmented Reality (AR)
Here are a few examples of how web augmented reality (AR) is being used:
- E-commerce: Web AR is being used by e-commerce companies to allow customers to virtually try on clothes or see how furniture would look in their home before making a purchase.
- Education: Web AR is being used in education to create interactive learning experiences that make abstract concepts more concrete and engaging.
- Advertising: Web AR is being used in advertising to create immersive and interactive ads that engage consumers and drive brand awareness.
- Gaming: Web AR is being used in gaming to create immersive and interactive games that blend the real world with digital elements.
- Tourism: Web AR is being used in tourism to enhance the travel experience by providing virtual overlays of information and interactive experiences at landmarks and other tourist attractions.
- Healthcare: Web AR is being used in healthcare to enhance patient care by providing virtual simulations and training experiences for medical professionals.
Interested in using AR techology to grow your business? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org